Thursday, 5 March 2009

King Obama




Over 4 decades ago, Martin Luther King had a dream. This year a major part of that came true when Barack Obama became the President of the USA.

A triumph not only for King and the USA, but for the entire free World.

History in the making.

Living history.

That's why fascinates me. Maybe someday I will make my mark too. Dunno how though!

7 comments:

AkiToo said...

Hey, Yuko, well done - it looks like they are trying to shake hands!

Anonymous said...

that is such a pretty photo of you is it an old photo? I am sure you will make your mark no matter how big or small

Ed

Little Yuko said...

It not that old. Just liccle ole me wivvout makeup.

edmundblackadder (Glyn) said...

Yuko i am so sad we didnt talk more while you are in the UK but i also believe you make the right choice in returning to korea. Aki thinks she knows my fellings for you and i accept what she says but i know i will miss you and hope we remain friends.

ed

edmundblackadder said...

When are we (I) going to see your next post?

Glyn

Little Yuko said...

I really bust study though

David said...

Yuko,

Dr. King and President Obama are very different men.

A key sentence from Dr. King's I Have a Dream Speech is: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

President Obama has used race to his advantage, used race as a devisive tool to pit poor against rich, lower class against upper class. Obama, is supposed to represent the concerns of those who did not vote for him as much as the concerns as those who voted in his favor. President Obama has divided the United States as no other President. I did not vote for President Obama, and while I hoped he would represent all American's equally. Like more and more of my fellow citizens, with each new day I and many others feel we have been slapped in the face by this new President, and that his interest no longer have our best interest, nor the nations best interest in mind.

In short, this new President has shown a lack of character.

Sorry for the long post. I hope and pray that in your own way you will contribute something meaningful to our world.

Your picture with this post is very beautiful!

David

Over the long run, love's power to forgive is stronger than
hate's power to get even.

-- Lewis B. Smedes

utah web design