Thursday, 3 July 2008

A Question Foo Ya


More Ruskies dies in dis war dan evryone did in WW2.

Dey said it wud be over by Xmas.

De invention of da tank was 1st tried ere - it was called "Mother". (See pic)

"Your Country Needs You!"

Baron Von Richtofen cruied da skies in his triplane with gr8 success.

Chlorine gas in the trnches.

Willy Owen died der before writin his poem:

"Dulce et Decorum est, pro Patria Mori"

-
witch is Latin for -

"It is and Honor and a Privelige to Die for One's Country"

and thus invented sarcasm.

Yus, it was WW!, a war fought with pride by dose who did not fight it (Da generals)

So, a quessie:

Ow did it all start, and wher, and Y?

2 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

That is an excellent question!!! I will try to answer it after I have had some time to think, without looking it up, I mean. Busy here getting ready to spend my Independence Day holiday weekend with my parents, so hope I get back to your question before a million others answer it for me.

ha ha ha However, it would help if they did do that, for then I could end up looking smarter than I feel right now by borrowing their correct answers. While you await my return may I suggest you try to find the band The Royal Guardsmen on YouTube to listen to their famous song Snoopy vs. The Red Baron about "a funny dog with a big black nose" who attempts to shoot down Baron Von Richtofen, the famous Red Baron. I think you and your Fan Historians will like the fun way they teach World War 1 History. Back later.

Wyman Stewart said...

On June 28, 1914 Gavrilo Princip, a Bosnian Serb, assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophia, while they were on an official visit to Sarajevo, Serbia, which set off a chain of events that led to World War 1, when Austria-Hungary and Germany issued what is commonly called the July Ultimatum to Serbia in connection with the assassination. This called into play various treaties between countries that became the basis for the start of World War 1.

This singular event not only set off the chain of events that led to World War 1; it helped to set the stage for the coming of World War 2. Given how many people died in both wars, this assassination may be the most significant assassination in human history. It almost did not happen and when it did happen, it was more by accident than by planning.

I actually learned a lot while researching this subject. I have long known WW-1 began as the result of an assassination, but the many facts I learned for the first time, make this a worthy subject for anyone to research and learn more about.

utah web design